Without its fresh and intense flavor the boiled meat would not be the same: it is the green sauce, one of the condiments par excellence.
Preparation time30 Minutes
Ingredientsfor 4 people
- 100 gr Parsley
- 40 ml Evo Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 fillet Anchovy
- 2 little spoons Capers
- 30 gr Breadcrumbs
- qs Vinegar
- qs Salt
- qs Pepper
The boiled for its estimators is one of the meat dishes that you absolutely can not do without, just as you can not (and should not) do without to accompany it with mustard and sauces, first of all the green sauce, of which today we will give you the recipe and some useful preparation tips.
Parsley: choose it and clean it!
The protagonist of the green sauce is the parsley, which must be purchased absolutely fresh:
- Pay attention to the color of the leaves, which must be of a beautiful intense green.
- Avoid those that look shriveled or start to have yellow edges.
- Once at home, if you do not use it immediately, put it in a plastic bag and store it in the fridge.
When using it, remove the stems and the larger parts from the parsley, rinse it under running water, and then carefully dry it with absorbent paper or a clean cloth.
After that, our advice is to chop finely with the crescent, as did our grandmothers: if you do not have or are not patient, the mixer is fine, provided you are careful not to create a pulp.
Which capers to buy?
As a general advice, it is worth buying PGI products (Protected Geographical Indication) and, as far as capers are concerned, the best are those of Pantelleria, not by chance the most famous ones:
- For the recipe for green sauce, buy the ones in a jar with salt (they are put under salt to remove a bit of bitter).
- Before using them, remember to soak them for about 20 minutes, changing the water at least twice, to remove excess salt.
Once drained and squeezed they will be ready for our recipe!
- Wash the parsley, dry it well and chop it finely (possibly with a crescent).
- Mince the capers, garlic and anchovy together.
- Cut the breadcrumbs into small cubes and soak them in a little white vinegar.
- Crush the breadcrumbs and add, together with the parsley, to the mixture of anchovy, garlic and capers.
- Add the oil evo flush.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Suggestions from the Chef
The green sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 15 days, provided it is stored in an airtight jar, covered with a layer of olive oil, which will prevent the formation of mold.