The condiment par excellence, famous all over the world, prepared according to tradition, following the recipe of the past.
Preparation time20 Minutes
Cook time2 Hours 20 Minutes
Total time2 Hours 40 Minutes
Ingredientsfor 4 people
- 300 gr Beef "cartella"
- 150 gr Pancetta
- 50 gr Yellow carrot
- 50 gr Celery
- 50 gr Onion
- 5 spoons Tomato sauce
- 1/2 glass Wine white or red
- 200 gr Milk
- qs Salt
- qs Black pepper
It is one of the most famous condiments in the world, rich and tasty, capable of making any type of pasta a real delight: it is Bolognese sauce, of which today we will give you the original recipe and all the useful tips to make it perfect.
Some advice on tools.
Put aside all the latest generation appliances … For this recipe you will only need:
- A large terracotta pan large (at least 20 cm in diameter): it is indispensable as it manages to distribute the heat in a perfectly uniform manner, allowing the meat to brown to perfection and the sauce to sober properly.
- A wooden spoon: perfect not to burn yourself and to not scratch the bottom of the pan.
- The classic “mezzaluna”, first used so much, and now replaced by electric mixers: vegetables should be cut finely, but not “blend”, and the only tool that can guarantee us a perfect result is this!
The secret to the perfect Bolognese sauce is sautéed: remember that meats and vegetables have different browning times, and should be added to the pan at different times.
To avoid rediscovery with burnt meat and raw vegetables, first sauté the vegetables for about 10 minutes and then add the meat.
Do not forget that:
- Vegetables should be cooked over a low heat.
- The meat should be browned over high heat, to “caramelize” it at the right point (just a few minutes will be enough).
We leave you with one last recommendation: Bolognese sauce must never boil, but “simmer” over a very slow fire, for at least 2 hours … Put aside the rush and enjoy our recipe!
- Wash and finely chop the vegetables with the mezzaluna.
- Cut the pancetta into cubes.
- Melt pancetta in a pan.
Add the chopped vegetables.
- Let them cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
Add the minced meat and mix until it begins to "sizzle".
Add half a glass of wine and the tomato (lengthened with a little broth).
Allow to simmer for about 2 hours, adding the milk little by little.
Season with salt and pepper.
Suggestions from the Chef
- For an even richer final result, once the sauce is ready, you can add the cooking cream of 1 liter of whole milk: the diners will thank you!
- To give the sauce a more intense flavor, instead of the tomato sauce, you can add 20 grams of “triple concentrate”.